crumpet

crumpet
crumpet

ten year award

ten year award
ten years of slave labour at my library

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 4. RSS feeds

Myself I prefer Google reader for RSS feeds. It is so much easier to manage and work your way around than blog lines. I am not impressed with blog lines.

I am very proud of myself as I have managed (after much difficulty I might add. LOL!) to put the New Zealand herald into this blog. Somehow I managed to put it twice into the blog and then had to figure out how to get rid of just one feed. Oh well, it is a learning curve and that is good.

I am learning so much from this program and I can envisage the many uses all this has for Libraries and the wider community. I feel that blogger especially is ideal in the library environment as we are able to put photos of various library events in as well as messages of closure and any events that are coming up. It would also be very useful in the Local Studies area as it would make the information available to all who require it.

I put in the RSS feeds that were recommended into bloglines , but also found one on diverticulitus and it was very useful, especially for one that suffers from it.

No comments: